HWD Media View
The HWDMediaShare component fully follows Joomla! standards, using standard output and built in Joomla! functionality.
The image on the left highlights the features and functions that are on the Default Media page
- Default HWD Menu.
- Display Type
- Search Filter.
- Dropdown Filters.
- Blog Layout.
- Media Meta Data.
- Default Pagination.
Default HWD Menu
The defult HWD menu is a list of the different HWD menu item options. You can turn this on to display inside the component or you have the option to create each menu item separately in your Joomla! menu.
- Discover: The frontpage view, allows you to customize with HWD modules
- Media: View of all the media on your site
- Categories: The categories you have created on the site
- Albums: User generated albums
- Groups: Displays all groups
- Playlists: All playlists created by users
- User Channels: Each users media and info
- Upload: Upload media
- My Account: Edit your information and organize your media
- Search: Search for any type of media on your site
HWDMediaShare stays with Joomla! standards in producing different display options familiar to most Joomla users. The icons allow you to change how media displays
- Details: media with details displayed in a grid
- Gallery: media thumbnails only
- List: media with details displayed in a list
HWDMediaShare uses the default search filtering options from Joomla! Filter by a keyword and the media will display based on your search criteria.
Use the select drop-downs to further filter the media you're looking for. Select the media by type, meta information, or display the number of items you wish to see.
The media page uses the standard blog layout css/output used in Joomla's com_content component. This is to ensure that the component will remain consistent with any template you install that uses the standard Joomla! css output styles.
Media Meta Data
The Media page also displays the meta data for that media and includes the author with a link to their user channel as well as the number of times the media had been viewed.
Staying consistent with our goal of retaining Joomla! standard output the pagination for the HWDMediaShare component included default Joomla! pagination.