Who is hwdMediaShare? hwdMediaShare provides software and other services to businesses ("hwdMediaShare Clients"). You may be visiting our site because you have registered to receive products or services from a hwdMediaShare Client. In connection with your registration, that hwdMediaShare Client may collect certain personally identifiable information from you, which they pass on to us so that we can provide the Services.
Passively Collected Information: When you interact with us through the Website, we receive and store certain additional non- personally-identifiable information. For example, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, browser type and language, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time. Except as provided below under "Fraud Prevention," we only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Website or Services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible, and improve our Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use the Website. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, hwdMediaShare never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Fraud Prevention: As part of our efforts to combat fraud, we record your IP address when you use the Service, and confirm that the geographic location associated with your IP address matches the billing address information provided to us by the applicable hwdMediaShare Client. This process allows us to detect and prevent certain fraudulent transactions from being processed through the Service (for example, a payment request associated with a U.S. billing address, but a non-U.S. IP address, may be declined).
Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, we may analyze the Personal Data that is provided to the Website in aggregate form. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. [For example: hwdMediaShare may track conversion rates for various transaction forms, and report on the benefits of presenting transaction forms in the native language and currency of the end-customer.]
Cookies: In operating this Website, we may use a technology called "cookies." A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Website gives to your computer when you access a website. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Website and help us analyze Website usage more accurately. Company cookies do not collect Personal Data, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Data to identify you personally.
Sharing Information: We won’t share your Personal Data with anyone except for the situations listed below or unless we specifically inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of our sharing your Personal Data.
We may share your Personal Data with:
- Authorized service providers. Our authorized service providers are companies that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analyses, supporting the Website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys or other features we offer. These service providers may have access to your Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform their functions, but we do not allow them to share or use any of your Personal Data for any other purpose.
- hwdMediaShare affiliates. We may share information we collect, including Personal Data, with hwdMediaShare-owned or affiliated businesses. Sharing information with our affiliates enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you. All hwdMediaShare companies comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial email they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such email messages in the future.
- Protection of hwdMediaShare and others. We may release Personal Data when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes, without limitation, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud monitoring, detection, and prevention.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Security: We take precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Data. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Data despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Website and Services, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control.
Effective Date: December, 2011