• Page:

TOPIC: RevenueManager on MediaShare

Re: RevenueManager on MediaShare 8 years 11 months ago #64620

• Davros
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1293
Can I achieve all I could with RevenueMananger, with MediaShare, without third-party tools?
No.

You can achieve all you could with HWDRevenueManager (and much more powerfully) with free third party tools, such as OpenX, and other advert servers.
Like choosing content type as content target, Impression Count, Impppression Limit, priority setting e.t.c.
This tool in HWDRevenueManager where you could add a video advert URL was not robust. You added the URL of a video file, and HWDMediaShare would just generate a playlist using that file and then show the main video afterwards. People who were watching the video were not informed they were watching an advert, and they could just click on the next button and skip it any time!

This isn't a useful, fair or standardized tool. Your advertisers don't really know what they are getting, and neither do your users. If I was paying a website to advertise in a video player, I would not be happy with this setup.

OpenX provides robust video advertising that follows the Video Ad Serving Template (VAST) standards, which defines the communication requirements between video players and the ad servers.

I'm currently in the process of writing a blog post called "What happened to HWDRevenueManager" that will go into this in lots more detail, and provide links to documentation and resources for video advertising solutions you can use in HWDMediaShare.

Heads up! This thread has been locked because it has been inactive for more than 4 weeks.

The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Easyget, feezixora
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds